With meem Credit Card, we offer our unique feature ‘meem As’hal’.
Whether you are doing a Point of Sale or an Online transaction, in Bahraini Dinar or any other currency, you can convert your purchases to 0% equal instalment plans over the periods of 3, 6, 9 and 12 months!
How can I convert my purchases to meem As-hal Program?
You can convert your eligible purchases using meem Credit Card into equal monthly instalments at 0% through the SMS received after the purchase.
What is the minimum purchase amount to be eligible for meem As-hal Program?
Are there any fees for converting transactions to meem As-hal Program?
No, there are no fees.
What are the eligible transactions for meem As-hal Program?
Point of Sale and e-Commerce transactions.
Are FAWATEER Payments included in meem As-hal Program?
No, there are not.
Is Cash Withdrawal included in meem As-hal Program?
No, there are not.
Are converted transactions included in the Cashback Program?
No, they are not.
Can online transactions (e-Commerce) be converted to meem As-hal Program?
Yes, as long as the purchase amount is equal to BHD 100 or its equivalent in non-BHD currencies.
Can Non-BHD transactions be converted to meem As-hal Program?
Yes, as long as the purchase amount is equivalent to BHD 100 or greater.
How many transactions are allowed to be converted to meem As-hal Program?
There is no limit on the number of transactions, as long as it is within the credit limit.
Will converted amounts to meem As-hal Program be re-credited to my Credit Card?
No. amounts will be deducted like any other transaction. And will be refunded when paying the monthly instalments.
What are the time periods available for meem As-hal Program?
Program tenures are 3, 6, 9 or 12 months and cannot be changed after submitting the application.
Can I cancel my meem As-hal Program transactions?
No. but you can – at any time- settle the due amounts.
How can I convert a transaction if I did not receive the SMS?
Please reach out to meem Contact Centre within 48 hours of doing the transaction. Otherwise, transaction won’t be converted.
Before you apply for “meem as-hal” Program on your credit card, please review these Terms of Service and The Terms & Conditions you have agreed upon when issuing your credit card and The Terms & Conditions when you became a customer of the Bank (The “General Provisions”). As well as any additional Terms and Conditions that we issue from time to time, which together constitute our agreement with you (the “Agreement”). Your acceptance and use of this service constitutes your acceptance of these terms.
Definitions and Interpretations:
“Qualified -Eligible- Purchase” means a purchase by the Cardholder or the Supplementary Cardholder of any commodity or service from any commercial outlet in Bahrain or worldwide (excluding cash withdrawals), for BHD 100 or more (or what equates to in other currencies), using the meem Credit Card issued by Gulf International Bank.
“The Principal Amount of the meem As-hal Plan” is the amount of the transaction made by the Credit Card Holders in the invoice’s currency relating to the Qualified Purchase which the Cardholder agrees to transfer to a non-profit instalment plan by following the instructions sent via SMS.
“Instalment Period” Means the number of calendar months. The applicable and valid periods are 3 or 6 or 9 or 12 months.
“Outstanding Instalment” The principal instalment amount, plus (if necessary) the delay fees and the interest rate relating to unpaid instalment(s)
“Monthly Instalment” The principal amount of the meem as-hal plan, divided by the instalment period.
“Statement Date” The creation date of the statement that appears in the card statement.
1. This service is available only for purchases from Points of Sale – inside and outside the borders of The Kingdom of Bahrain – and electronic websites (e-Commerce) in BHD and Non-BHD.
2. If the customer wants to benefit from meem As-hal Program, this should be done through the SMS sent to the customer’s telephone number within 48 hours of receiving the SMS. Otherwise, transaction will not be converted.
3. There are no fees for availing this program.
4. When the instalments tenure is confirmed, this tenure cannot be changed after the application has been submitted.
5. Purchases converted to meem As-hal Program cannot be reversed once application has been submitted.
6. Purchases converted to the meem As-hal Program are excluded from the Cashback program.
7. FAWATEER Bill Payments, as well as Cash withdrawals are excluded from the program.
8. From the date of converting the purchase to meem As-hal Program to the end of the chosen tenure, the monthly instalment will be due on the same billing cycle as non-converted purchases. And the remaining converted amount will be without a profit rate.
9. If the cardholder wishes to close the credit card account before the end of any instalment period, the unpaid instalments will be considered due and will be added to the outstanding amounts on the card. We may charge early payment fees as we deem appropriate, which will be payable immediately.
10. The Bank is entitled – at any time- to amend and/or terminate The Terms & Conditions of meem As-hal Program. So that it is effective thirty (30) days from the date of issuing the notice to the Cardholder.
11. The Bank shall not be responsible for the refusal of any commercial entity to accept the Card and shall not be liable in any way for any complaints or disputes relating to the goods and services provided to the Cardholder. The Cardholder alone shall be responsible for resolving such disputes with the other parties.
12. Late Payment Fees will be applied if the outstanding instalment is not paid within the specified period and interest rate will be charged (if applicable) on the outstanding amounts after the expiry of the instalment period.
13. For Non-BHD transactions, exchange rate used will be the rate at the time of the transaction.
14. if meem As-hal SMS is not received, customer to inform The Bank by contacting The Contact Centre within 48 hours from the transaction time. Otherwise, transaction will not be converted.